FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Where/When is the Earth Week Eco-Fair this year?This year's Eco-Fair will be held on Sunday, April 27, 2014 at the Main Street Arena - starting at 11 AM, and running until around 5 pm!
What is the Earth Week Eco-Fair exactly?The short version: live music, free stuff, fun and educational activities, local food, local beverages (soft and hard), and lots of concerned and compassionate friends!!!
The tofu: The Earth Week Eco-Fair is a free event with the purpose of spreading knowledge about how to repair and conserve our environment, and celebrate the fact that there is a great deal happening on this front right now, and much more promise in the foreseeable future. There will be tables and booths with green-minded businesses, government organizations, conservationist societies, local food producers, natural health care practitioners, and more. There will be live music, speakers, children's activities, and more.
Is the Earth Day Fair a kid-friendly event?Very definitely! We have several activities in the works which are geared toward children. These activities in the past have included face-painting, story-book reading, seed-planting, a Bike Rodeo and helmet giveaway, and more! We are working to bring you more activities for children this year.
Is the Earth Day Fair a pet-friendly event?Alas, no. While we love our companion animals, this event is not one that works with animals. We ask that our tablers and guests respect the restriction and leave their pets at home.
Where should I park my car?A fine question, indeed. In order, this is what we recommend:
1) Walk, bike or take public transit.
2) Carpool, and see the following items.
3) Ride a two-wheeled motor vehicle. Mopeds/scooters are easy to park anywhere, and the Market Street parking garage has free space available for motorcyclists.
4) Park in one of the garages or paid lots available near the mall. There is a paid garage right next to the Omni Hotel. There is a paid garage with its entrance on 2nd Street between Water Street and South Street. There is a paid lot at Water and 2nd.
5) Free parking - there is a City lot that may be available that afternoon between 2nd and 1st Streets West, and Water and South Streets. There will also be some parking on the streets near the Mall. WATCH THE SIGNS! We don't want the City to have to print parking tickets.